An unnamed female doctor at the Federal Medical Centre (FMC) Yenagoa, Bayelsa have been accused of killing a nine-month old baby

- The father of the baby, Joseph Mbonu, said that the doctor gave his baby an overdose of a drug after which his child, Jidenma Mbonu, passed on

- The father vowed to use his child's case to fight against injustice done to babies at hospitals

The parents of a nine-month-old baby, Jidenma Mbonu, who died on Friday, April 13, at the Federal Medical Centre (FMC) Yenagoa, Bayelsa, have accused an unnamed female doctor of being responsible for the death of their child.

They claimed that they lost their baby at the hospital after the doctor reportedly injected him with excess measure of drug. Jidenma's mother reported that when the doctor in question came in, she mixed the drug and shook it for close to 30 minutes, the Punch reports.
She stated: “So, another doctor there asked her why she was shaking the drug for so long. But the female doctor said she had to shake it very well.

I reminded her that they used to cut the drug into two and use 2ml syringe. I sought to know why she was using 5ml syringe for my son. But she asked me, ‘Do you want to teach me my job?’

“I brought out my baby’s leg; she then used a 5ml syringe and injected the first one with speed. She further injected the second and third. Thereafter, my baby started vomiting on my body and that is how he started shrinking. My baby died in my hands.”

Joseph Mbonu, Jidenma's father, make a plea to the police and other relevant authorities to look into the case.

Mbonu promised that he would use his daughter's case to battle against the injustice infants experience at hospitals.

Meanwhile, the management of the facility has constituted a seven-man committee to investigate the circumstances surrounding Jidenma's death.