Nollywood has been hit with devastating news as one of its veteran actors, Chief Bruno Iwuoha has passed on.  

The talented Bruno Iwoha was reported to be losing his sight as a result of diabetes and glaucoma.

The news of his death was broken by his close associats and filmmaker, Derik Zai who revealed that the actor died at the National Hospital, Abuja. According to him, Chief Bruno slid into a bout of coma for about 3 weeks, and doctors tried their best to bring him to life but death proved to be stronger than life. His mortal remains have been deposited at the hospital mortuary for autopsy.

Bruno Iwuoha’s sudden death follows just weeks after Nollywood veteran actor, Sadiq Daba. also died in a similar fashion on Wednesday, March 4 at a Lagos hospital.

Bruno Iwuoha was best known for his roles in films Fire on the Mountain (2002), No Nonsense (2003) and Fire on the Mountain 2 (2002).

In 2007, he won the Best Supporting Actor award at the 3rd Africa Movie Academy Awards, for his role in Sins of the Flesh

as he paid his dues to the movie industry.

The actor was engaged in an interview with a radio station in Abuja, where he opened up on health life in 2015.

He said “I’ve gone to so many places; within the country, outside the country for treatment, until finally…finally, the thing [diabetes] claimed one of my sights. As I look at you now, I’m using only one sight. They call that glaucoma. And gradually, it’s affecting the other one. So, name make, apart from places…the people who call me a times, both the little cash they can give me…drugs and all that…but I discovered that this thing [the illness] is a lifetime something. And it has robbed me of the job [acting]. And now, if I get a script, it will be hard for me to read it very well. And if I read it, if I strain my eyes for so long, it would look as if someone would lead me around the house or anywhere I want to go because it will affect the only one [eye]. So that’s my problem.”

Source: www.Ghgossip.com